The Jio remote is the remote control that comes with Jio set-top boxes and JioFiber services. It allows users to easily navigate and control their Jio set-top box and access Jio’s streaming services and apps. The sleek and minimalist remote has dedicated buttons for popular apps like YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc.
The Jio remote Design and Layout
The Jio remote has a slim and lightweight design that fits comfortably in the hand. It is made of good quality matte plastic that provides a nice grip. The remote is 7.5 inches long and 1.5 inches wide.
The layout of the buttons on the remote is neat and intuitive. There are separate groups of buttons for navigation, playback control, launching apps, activating voice search etc. The buttons have easily identifiable icons/symbols printed on them. There is also a microphone button for voice commands.
– Dedicated hotkeys for popular apps like YouTube, Netflix, Prime Video etc.
– Google Assistant voice search activated by pressing the mic button
– Navigation buttons for menu access, channel/volume change etc.
– Playback control buttons for pause, play, rewind, fast forward etc.
– Bluetooth connectivity for pairing with set-top box
– IR transmitter for line-of-sight control
– Minimalistic and ergonomic design for ease of use
Usage and Performance
The Jio remote is very easy to use. All the buttons are well spaced out and have a nice tactile feedback when pressed. It effortlessly pairs with the Jio set-top box via Bluetooth. The IR transmitter also works flawlessly to control TV volume and power.
The dedicated app buttons launch the apps quickly. Google Assistant integration allows quick voice searches. Overall, the remote offers great utility and enhances the overall Jio set-top box experience.